- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Brush Creek Ranch Announces The Farm At Brush Creek, A Seed-To-Table Concept Providing Guests An Immersive Culinary Experience
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board Celebrates Grand Opening of Fine Wine & Good Spirits in Jim Thorpe, Carbon County
- WineBid Will Continue To Grow At Record Pace Says Outgoing CEO
- Brooklyn Crush Wine & Artisanal Food Festival Returns to Industry City, Saturday, November 10
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 69,526 hits
Tag Archives: llicorella
From Porrera, Priorat in Catalunya and all its rocky, llicorella glory, this is a primarily Cabernet Sauvignon (40%) wine with Merlot, Syrah and Garnacha thrown into the blend. On the eyes, this beauty is a translucent ruby, with developed aromas … Continue reading
I made the arrangement for a tour and tasting at world renowned Clos Mogador several months prior to our January 2015 arrival in tiny Gratallops, population a mere 260. As we walked through the gate, I wondered aloud, “Do you … Continue reading
El Casot, La Colección, Trio Infernal, Combier, Fischer and Gerin, Torroja, Priorat DOQ, Spain, 2012, 13.5% abv.
This version of the Priorat comes from the celler of three French winemakers who migrated to Catalunya and set up shop in the tiny hamlet of Torroja del Priorat. They’ve been making wines together here since 2002. You can read … Continue reading
The drive from Falset to Porrera in southern Catalunya is not exactly for the faint of heart. We were told the tortuously narrow, winding roads are a huge improvement upon what used to be there. At least they were paved – and it didn’t … Continue reading
It’s hard not to notice – there seems to be a higher-than-average number of female winemakers in Priorat, Spain. I mean, a four day tour of the region is hardly enough to prove anything statistically, but of the seven wineries we … Continue reading
He drove 2.5 hours from his day job and Barcelona to meet and pour wines for us at Poboleda. Jordi Ossó i Estivill, Genium Celler’s export manager, is one of six family partners who’ve banded together to bring their wines from this tiny Catalan … Continue reading