- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- GLS - A Leading Western U.S. Wine Delivery Provider - to Exhibit at the Unified Wine & Grape Symposium
- Lymphoma Research Foundation to Host Annual Wine Tasting Fundraising Event at La Gorce Country Club in Miami Beach, Florida
- Wine Market to See Strong Investment Opportunity | Top Companies Like Accolade Wines, The Wine Group, Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.& J. Gallo Winery, Constellation Brands, Inc.
- Ardagh Group introduces new sophisticated glass wine bottle designs
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 78,034 hits
Tag Archives: priorat doq
In January 2015, we made a trip to Priorat DOQ in Spain and met the indomitable Daphne Glorian, owner of, and winemaker with her friend and colleague Ester Nin, at Clos Erasmus. It really was the tasting of a lifetime … Continue reading
From Porrera, Priorat in Catalunya and all its rocky, llicorella glory, this is a primarily Cabernet Sauvignon (40%) wine with Merlot, Syrah and Garnacha thrown into the blend. On the eyes, this beauty is a translucent ruby, with developed aromas … Continue reading
We visited Priorat in January 2015 after attending the WSET Diploma graduation ceremony in London. When we were trying to put together our list of Priorat bodegas to visit, this one emerged as a bright star. Peter, the winemaker, is … Continue reading
Vinologue Priorat By Miquel Hudin and Èlia Varela Serra Leavenworth Press, c 2014 When I plan a trip to a wine region, I look for the unusual, the unique, the outlier – whether they be grapes, terroir, winemakers or the regions … Continue reading
I made the arrangement for a tour and tasting at world renowned Clos Mogador several months prior to our January 2015 arrival in tiny Gratallops, population a mere 260. As we walked through the gate, I wondered aloud, “Do you … Continue reading
This version of the Priorat comes from the Porrera celler of Joan Simó (the celler complete with wall-mounted sundial is left), but was given to me by a UK wine buyer who was at Hotel-Hostal Sport in Falset when we ate … Continue reading
El Casot, La Colección, Trio Infernal, Combier, Fischer and Gerin, Torroja, Priorat DOQ, Spain, 2012, 13.5% abv.
This version of the Priorat comes from the celler of three French winemakers who migrated to Catalunya and set up shop in the tiny hamlet of Torroja del Priorat. They’ve been making wines together here since 2002. You can read … Continue reading