- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Garagiste Wine Festival Wins 'Best of the Fests', Kicks off 10th Anniversary Year in Sonoma on February 15th
- The Wrangler® Tough Enough to Wear Pink™ western campaign to fight breast cancer celebrates their 15th anniversary by reaching the $32 million fundraising mark!
- "A Banquet of Nature by Perrier-Jouët" Revealed in Miami: For Reconnecting With Nature and One Another
- Vegan Winery Clavey Vineyard Is Now Available In Costco & Nugget Markets
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 76,946 hits
Category Archives: Palomino
When we walked out of Bodegas Tradición, we looked at each other and exclaimed simultaneously, “Never in my lifetime did I imagine I would pay C$40 for a bottle of Fino!” This, however, is not your average Fino. While a … Continue reading
Manzanilla Pasada Pastrana, Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, Jerez-Xérès-Sherry DO, Spain, 15% abv, €15
Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana is located 30 km east of Jerez in the Spanish seaside town of Sanlúcar de Barrameda housed in a set of cathedral-like buildings built originally on the oceanfront. The Atlantic started receding in the 1800s and … Continue reading
During a September 2017 visit to Jerez, Spain, we wanted to find a way to spend some time in a vineyard growing Palomino grapes. This proved to be more challenging than one would think! The grape growing system in the … Continue reading
Amontillado Viejo Del Duque VORS, Bodegas González Byass, Jerez-Xérès-Sherry DO, Spain, 21.5% abv, €22
Next time you plan to enjoy, say, some manchego cheese and mushroom risotto, pull out the Amontillado Viejo del Duque VORS (Very Old Rare Sherry) from González Byass to pair up with it. This delicious tip was provided by Maribel, … Continue reading
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I love sherry. It’s so versatile and yet completely under appreciated. We enjoyed most of this wine last night with the WSET Fortifieds study group and I finished the bottle … Continue reading