Join 1,630 other followers
- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Sicilia DOC Launches Nationwide Restaurant and Retail Campaign "Make Every Hour Golden, It's Sicilian Wine Time!"
- Cincinnati's Newest Restaurant Celebrates the 2022 Design Award
- CRŪ Winery Announces Holiday Events
- Port Wine Market Size to grow by USD 157.04 Million by 2026, Market Analysis Segmented by Distribution Channel and Geography - Technavio
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 96,836 hits
Tag Archives: 2016
Hot cars and fabulous wine are two things in our household that take up a lot of our energy and time. Case in point, in 2014 the day following my final WSET Diploma wine exam, we flew to France to be at … Continue reading
It’s so warm these days, I can’t bring myself to drink anything other than gin and tonic … or perhaps a bottle of Rosé. This Rosé, made of typical Provençal grapes – Cinsault, Grenache, Mourvèdre and Syrah – is bottled at … Continue reading
“Oh, I didn’t know they grow grapes on Vancouver Island. In Canada! Really?” And so it goes with the skepticism. Yes, believe it (or not), vinifera grapes are being grown on Vancouver Island. Really though, it shouldn’t be so much … Continue reading
Riesling, Pewsey Vale, Individual Vineyard Selection, Eden Valley, South Australia, 2016, 12.5% abv, C$20+
Here’s another wine with an awesome price tag that is not only delicious, but is readily available everywhere. This one hails from Australia – land of kangaroos, koalas, heat waves, and Shiraz, right? Well, actually no, mate. Australia is more … Continue reading
On the eyes, this is a beautiful onion skin tone of pale, translucent orange with aromas of light stone fruit, mandarin citrus and crushed rocks. The palate is ever-so-slightly off dry with nice acidity and echoes the aromas with flavours … Continue reading