- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Temecula Valley Wine Country Mourns the Death of Joe Hart, Legendary Pioneer of Southern California Wine Country
- Ambrosus Ecosystem Partners With The Swiss Wine Association To Leverage A Blockchain-Powered Digital Platform For The Multimillion Dollar Swiss Wine Industry Under the Swiss Wine - Vision 2030 Project
- Hot off the press: "5StarWines - the Book" The journey for the selected wines begins here
- Visit Temecula Valley Announces Temecula Chilled Holiday Fun Through the Month of December in Southern California Wine Country
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 91,345 hits
Tag Archives: Ontario
Ombré Gris, Grange of Prince Edward Vineyards and Estate Winery, Prince Edward County VQA, Ontario, 2018, 12.5% abv.
Today was an historic day – America inaugurated its 46th president, and its first BIPOC and female vice-president. At the very least, the event – and the evening’s celebratory concert – called for a unique wine to celebrate with. Cue … Continue reading
Pinot Noir, Le Clos Jordanne, Le Grand Clos, Twenty Mile Bench VQA, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario, 2011, 13.5% abv.
When in Ottawa, I walked into the Constellation speciality store and purchased this. Perhaps I should have known better, but hope springs eternal. I thought, “Going to their upper end product may make a difference!” It didn’t. Made with Pinot … Continue reading
After arriving late at the hotel located in the heart of the Niagara Peninsula, I selected this bottle from the wine list to take to my room. I was hopeful that being in the heart of Ontario’s wine region, I … Continue reading
There is something really rewarding about turning up at a winery you’d thought would be cool, meeting the folks pouring, seeing the place, tasting the wines and realizing that what you’d imagined is spot on. I went to Malivoire on … Continue reading
Irony of ironies, although I live in Canada, it’s almost impossible for me to purchase a wine grown and produced in Ontario living here on BC’s west coast. This was picked up during a trip to the Niagara region in March 2015. … Continue reading
Prohibition. Prohibiting something rarely, if ever, accomplishes the original goal. Whether it involves anti-drug campaigns, teenage abstinence programs or international trade embargoes, relying on fear, shaming and isolation tactics rarely produce the hoped for results. This extends to alcohol; the … Continue reading
Wayne Gretzky Estates, No 99, Cabernet Merlot, Niagara Peninsula VQA, Ontario, Canada, 2013, 12.5% abv, $15.95
I’d forgotten how cold Ottawa is in the winter time. Chilly. Icy. Brrrr. But alcohol is warming, so the first thing I did after I made it to my hotel was make a beeline for the closest wine store. Of course, … Continue reading