- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Wine Market to See Strong Investment Opportunity | Top Companies Like Accolade Wines, The Wine Group, Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.& J. Gallo Winery, Constellation Brands, Inc.
- Ardagh Group introduces new sophisticated glass wine bottle designs
- Miner Family Winery Celebrates the Completion of Interior Tasting Room Upgrades
- WX Brands Acquires Portfolio of Wines from Niven Family Wine Estates
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 78,031 hits
Tag Archives: nebbiolo
Barolo, Ferdinando Principiano, Serralunga, Ravera di Montfort, Barolo DOCG, Italy, 2011, 15% abv. C$45
We enjoyed this just inside the recommended drinking window – I’m not patient when it comes to holding wine. I was very nervous when I removed the capsule to find what looked to be a moldy cork. It was dry … Continue reading
This winery, owned by the Dogliani family for the past five generations, has vineyards in four regions of Piemonte – La Morra, Barolo, Monforte d’Alba and Serralunga d’Alba. The Batasiolo vineyard where the Nebbiolo grapes for this wine are from is … Continue reading
The 2010 Barolos are widely renowned as being part of the best vintage in a long time, but this 2009 was no slouch. From the famed Cannubi hill in La Morra, the Damilano is made from 100% Nebbiolo grapes planted … Continue reading
This Barbaresco is 100% Nebbiolo and comes from a (still) family-owned Piedmonte winery established in 1913. The Rabaja vineyard is close to the central village of Barbaresco and the famous River Tanaro runs below the property and moderates the vineyard’s climate. Today … Continue reading
San Cristoforo, Azienda Agricola Pietro Rinaldi, Barbaresco DOCG, Alba, Piemonte, Italy, 2007, 14%, C$60
I caught this one at the height of its perfection. Not being a frequent consumer of Italian wine, I have to admit I need to study just a little (ok, maybe a lot) before I go to buy anything. Can … Continue reading