- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Are you aware of the trends, drivers, and challenges for the Cooking Wine Market?
- Vintage Wine Estates joins industry and key stakeholders as founding member of the Sustainable Wine Roundtable
- Vinitaly International Academy USA announces three new Italian Wine Ambassadors in the USA
- Historic French Wine Producer, Maison Lorgeril, Now Imported Under Albert Bichot USA Portfolio
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 90,391 hits
Tag Archives: French wine
Pinot Noir, Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru Aux Vergelesses, Simon Bizes et Fils, Côte-d’Or, Bourgogne, France, 2010, 13.5% abv. US$95
Simon Bizes et Fils is a fifth generation Burgundian winery in Savigny-les-Beaunes south of Dijon. The Pinot Noir grapes for this 2010 bottle come from vineyards planted in 1939, 1949 and 1954. On the eyes, it’s a translucent garnet with … Continue reading
Pinot Noir, La Forge de Tart, Premier Cru, Morey-Saint-Denis AC, Côte-d’Or, Bourgogne, France, 2007, 13.5% abv.
Sylvain Pithiot, the winemaker at this famous house, originally arrived in Burgundy as a map maker – he’s the person who created the incredibly detailed terroir maps of the Côte d’Or. It wasn’t until later that he decided to make … Continue reading
Château d’Anglès, La Clape, Grand Vin, Famille E. Fabre, 2007, 13.55% abv, $25 via Alberta Liquor Board
I read the Globe and Mail every day and love the wine reviews. The only problem is that Beppi often reviews wines we just can’t get a hold of here in BC. But thanks to my intrepid spouse and a … Continue reading