Join 1,630 other followers
- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Sicilia DOC Launches Nationwide Restaurant and Retail Campaign "Make Every Hour Golden, It's Sicilian Wine Time!"
- Cincinnati's Newest Restaurant Celebrates the 2022 Design Award
- CRŪ Winery Announces Holiday Events
- Port Wine Market Size to grow by USD 157.04 Million by 2026, Market Analysis Segmented by Distribution Channel and Geography - Technavio
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 96,836 hits
Tag Archives: French wine
Chardonnay, Premier Cru Chablis, Kirkland Signature, AOC Chablis, France, 2019, 13.5% abv., US$17.79
While perusing the shelves at Costco Lihue, I picked this Premier Cru Chablis up for a song. Aged in stainless steel for a year, this was a great wine to enjoy in the warmth of Kauai on the lanai. I … Continue reading
Pinot Noir, Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru Aux Vergelesses, Simon Bizes et Fils, Côte-d’Or, Bourgogne, France, 2010, 13.5% abv. US$95
Simon Bizes et Fils is a fifth generation Burgundian winery in Savigny-les-Beaunes south of Dijon. The Pinot Noir grapes for this 2010 bottle come from vineyards planted in 1939, 1949 and 1954. On the eyes, it’s a translucent garnet with … Continue reading
Pinot Noir, La Forge de Tart, Premier Cru, Morey-Saint-Denis AC, Côte-d’Or, Bourgogne, France, 2007, 13.5% abv.
Sylvain Pithiot, the winemaker at this famous house, originally arrived in Burgundy as a map maker – he’s the person who created the incredibly detailed terroir maps of the Côte d’Or. It wasn’t until later that he decided to make … Continue reading
Château d’Anglès, La Clape, Grand Vin, Famille E. Fabre, 2007, 13.55% abv, $25 via Alberta Liquor Board
I read the Globe and Mail every day and love the wine reviews. The only problem is that Beppi often reviews wines we just can’t get a hold of here in BC. But thanks to my intrepid spouse and a … Continue reading