- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Attend the World's Biggest Sherry Party - In Your Home!
- Inspiring Leadership Through Education: 24 Women Leaders Awarded Scholarships by E. & J. Gallo Winery's Women Behind the Wine Educational Fund and the Women of the Vine & Spirits Foundation
- California Wines Presents Seasonal and Holiday Themed Livestream Series
- Acker Launches 200 Wine Indices & a Wine Analytics Platform
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 84,205 hits
Tag Archives: meritage
A classic Meritage blend of Cabernet Franc 40%, Malbec 35%, Cabernet Sauvignon 20%, and Petit Verdot 5%, this wine hails from one of BC’s coolest biodynamic vineyards. Clos du Soleil is located in a unique microclimate of a region – … Continue reading
Straight from the heart of the Similkameen Valley in BC’s Okanagan, a veritable desert (yes, I know – non-believers have a hard time with that – there is actually a desert in Canada), here we have a Meritage wine. What … Continue reading
When I purchased this bottle back at the beginning of my journey into serious wine interests, I definitely expected more. Looking back, I think I was rather naive and most certainly I spent too much money. Ah well, live a … Continue reading
I’ve been waiting patiently for the delivery of my mixed case of Clos du Soleil wines via friends who made the trip to the Okanagan last week. One of the wines in this case is the Celestiale. The dictionary definition … Continue reading
I bought this bottle at the winery in Oliver in August 2012 – and then brought it right back to the Okanagan to drink with Jennifer and Allan. Fun! This is Black Hills’ renowned Meritage blend of 57% Cabernet Sauvignon, 32% Merlot … Continue reading
When at Black Hills in 2012, I opted for the vertical Nota Bene tasting of the 2007 – 2010 Meritage blends. These wines and the winery have quite a history. Originally owned by two couples, one couple left after … Continue reading