- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Garagiste Wine Festival Wins 'Best of the Fests', Kicks off 10th Anniversary Year in Sonoma on February 15th
- The Wrangler® Tough Enough to Wear Pink™ western campaign to fight breast cancer celebrates their 15th anniversary by reaching the $32 million fundraising mark!
- "A Banquet of Nature by Perrier-Jouët" Revealed in Miami: For Reconnecting With Nature and One Another
- Vegan Winery Clavey Vineyard Is Now Available In Costco & Nugget Markets
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 76,946 hits
Category Archives: Gewurztraminer
I’d been planning a trip to Bartier Brothers in Oliver, BC for a while. I drink so much of their Sémillon, I should own shares in the winery. A visit was definitely in order. No sooner did we step on … Continue reading
Sign me up for more of this pleasing white made from Bacchus, Pinot Blanc and Gewürztraminer grown on the Sperling vineyards located in East Kelowna. The colour is a medium lemon with aromas of springtime flowers, lychee, peach, nectarine, apricot … Continue reading
Did you know? Gewürztraminer shares the same genetic footprint as several other white grapes including Savagnin, Paien (Switzerland), Traminer (Germany) and Traminer Aromatico (Trentino-Alto Adige, Italy). It’s an aromatic grape that is thought to be a mutation of the Savagnin Rose … Continue reading
It’s summer and I’m looking for one of those not-so-ubiquitous, but commonly nicknamed ‘summer sippers’ to have post-work. The only cold stuff in the fridge is this Gewürztraminer from Desert Hills Estate Winery on the Black Sage Bench in the … Continue reading
This was the second winery we visited on our recent tour of Sonoma in the Anderson Valley AVA. Driving in over the late afternoon hills and through the sage and oak meadows then into the adorable hamlet of Philo was … Continue reading