- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Boisset Collection's Commemorative D-Day Wine Lands at BevMo!
- Enjoy a Well-Earned Pension Mr. Robert Parker, Tastingbook is Happy to take the Mandate of the Next Generation Wine Guide!
- Wine, Food & Trains - The Rioja Railway Wine Experience Rode The High Line
- Rack & Riddle Announces Major Upgrade to Sparkling Wine Production Capabilities at its Healdsburg Facility
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 73,513 hits
Tag Archives: Rioja DOC
Viña Tondonia, White Reserva, López de Heredia, Rioja DOC, Rioja Alta, Spain, 1999, 12.5% abv, C$50++
It’s hard to share a bottle of López de Heredia. Firstly, I would be quite happy to keep it all to myself. So, selfishness ranks high. But the other reason is that it’s often hard to find someone to drink it … Continue reading
In wine, there is truth. Sometimes too much truth, but that depends on how much of it you drink. The truth is, this wine punches far above its weight for the price (US$10 at Costco in the States, and more … Continue reading
Oh dear followers, this is my favourite kind of wine. I just love these classics – few wines are made in this traditional fashion. Why? They’re challenging, different, unique, unusual. I’ve opened up a 2000 version of this in the … Continue reading
This bottle of Muga Reserva 2010 travelled all the way around the world from Rioja Alta to a patio off the far west coast of Canada in Ucluelet, BC. One day, I will visit Rioja DOC and the Bodegas Muga … Continue reading
Spain recently cracked the code – its wine production numbers surged last year (2013) to make it the world’s largest wine producer. It has officially surpassed second place Italy and (gasp) the French came in at paltry number three. More … Continue reading