Join 1,612 other subscribers
- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
World of Wine News
- CHAMPAGNE ARMAND DE BRIGNAC 'ACE OF SPADES' CELEBRATES BEYONCÉ'S RENAISSANCE WORLD TOUR WITH A SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
- Alcoholic Beverages Market size to grow by USD 440.18 billion from 2022 to 2027; Growth driven by increasing popularity of craft drinks - Technavio
- Enotourism Global Market Report 2023: Increasing Government Initiatives to Encourage Tourism Drives Growth
- The exceptional Château Haut-Brion Library curated by Domaine Clarence Dillon
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 98,908 hits
Category Archives: Malvasia
Viña Tondonia, White Reserva, López de Heredia, Rioja DOC, Rioja Alta, Spain, 1999, 12.5% abv, C$50++
It’s hard to share a bottle of López de Heredia. Firstly, I would be quite happy to keep it all to myself. So, selfishness ranks high. But the other reason is that it’s often hard to find someone to drink it … Continue reading
Posted in Malvasia, OTHER, Spain, Viura / White Rioja, WHITE Tagged 1999, Lopez de Heredia, Rioja Alta, Rioja DOC, spain, vina tondonia, White Reserva, white rioja, white wine 4 Comments
Viña Tondonia, Reserva, López de Heredia, Rioja DOC, Spain, 1998, 12.5% abv.
Just about any bottle of López de Heredia is enough to make most wine geeks swoon. But, when we put five in a room armed with glasses and this bottle of Viña Tondonia Reserva, 1998, the atmosphere quickly became ‘fan girly’. We … Continue reading
Posted in Macabeu/Viura, Malvasia, OTHER, Spain, Viura / White Rioja, WHITE Tagged Lopez de Heredia, macabeu, malvasia, reserva white wine, rioja, spain, vina tondonia, viura Leave a comment
Muga, White, Rioja DOC, Spain, 2012, 13% abv.
Spain recently cracked the code – its wine production numbers surged last year (2013) to make it the world’s largest wine producer. It has officially surpassed second place Italy and (gasp) the French came in at paltry number three. More … Continue reading
Posted in Malvasia, Spain, Viura / White Rioja Tagged Cantabrian Mountains, Joven, Macabeo, malvasia, muga, Rioja DOC, River Oja, spain, viura, White, WSET Diploma, WSET Study, WSET unit 3 Leave a comment