- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Oregon Wine Trail Comes to New York for One-day Event May 6, 2019
- Fine Wine & Good Spirits to Host Cocktail-Making Demonstration, Tasting at Pittsburgh Premium Collection
- Wine.com Celebrates Growth In Mobile And Millennial Shoppers During Ninth Annual Industry Growth Summit
- Newsom and Trump Share Conflict of Interest Issues
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 71,921 hits
Tag Archives: sweet wine
The very first thing that hit us was the overwhelming smell of the yeasty velo de flor as we walked through the bodega doors. Flor is a layer of yeast that protects the developing wine from oxidation – and it … Continue reading
Tokaji, Aszú Essencia, Royal Tokaji Wine Company, Tokay-Hegyalja, Hungary, 1993, 500 ml, 7.5% abv. C$246-365 (where available).
This is an example of the famous Hungarian fully sweet dessert wine, Tokaji (‘Toe-kai‘). I have written about Tokaji before; pop to this page for a refresher. For this version, producers blend their free run juice with the best Aszú (which is … Continue reading
Château de Fesles is located in the Loire Valley’s Thouarcé district in the Anjou region, very close to the tiny village of Bonnezeaux and in between the Layon (which lies 1.5km to the south) and Loire (18 km to the north) Rivers. The … Continue reading