- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- NewAir Launches the Ultimate Beverage Cooler for Entertaining
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board Celebrates Grand Opening of Fine Wine & Good Spirits Premium Collection in Whitehall
- Trade Commission of Spain Announces Spain's Great Match 2018 Seminars
- FOOD & WINE Collaborates With Blackberry Farm Brewery To Create Limited Edition 40th Anniversary Beer, "Ampersand Saison"
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 69,058 hits
Tag Archives: sweet wine
The very first thing that hit us was the overwhelming smell of the yeasty velo de flor as we walked through the bodega doors. Flor is a layer of yeast that protects the developing wine from oxidation – and it … Continue reading
Tokaji, Aszú Essencia, Royal Tokaji Wine Company, Tokay-Hegyalja, Hungary, 1993, 500 ml, 7.5% abv. C$246-365 (where available).
This is an example of the famous Hungarian fully sweet dessert wine, Tokaji (‘Toe-kai‘). I have written about Tokaji before; pop to this page for a refresher. For this version, producers blend their free run juice with the best Aszú (which is … Continue reading
Château de Fesles is located in the Loire Valley’s Thouarcé district in the Anjou region, very close to the tiny village of Bonnezeaux and in between the Layon (which lies 1.5km to the south) and Loire (18 km to the north) Rivers. The … Continue reading