- Follow winellama on WordPress.com
What do you want to drink?
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board Celebrates Grand Opening of Fine Wine & Good Spirits in Millvale, Allegheny County
- Montinore Estate Hosts Winemaking Intensive At 2018 Biodynamic Conference
- New Labatt Brew House: Labatt's First U.S. Brewery to Open in Buffalo, New York
- Visit Temecula Valley Announce Top 5 Things to Do During Winterfest in Temecula Valley Southern California Wine Country
Tweets by WinellamaMy Tweets
- 70,189 hits
Tag Archives: sweet wine
The very first thing that hit us was the overwhelming smell of the yeasty velo de flor as we walked through the bodega doors. Flor is a layer of yeast that protects the developing wine from oxidation – and it … Continue reading
Tokaji, Aszú Essencia, Royal Tokaji Wine Company, Tokay-Hegyalja, Hungary, 1993, 500 ml, 7.5% abv. C$246-365 (where available).
This is an example of the famous Hungarian fully sweet dessert wine, Tokaji (‘Toe-kai‘). I have written about Tokaji before; pop to this page for a refresher. For this version, producers blend their free run juice with the best Aszú (which is … Continue reading
Château de Fesles is located in the Loire Valley’s Thouarcé district in the Anjou region, very close to the tiny village of Bonnezeaux and in between the Layon (which lies 1.5km to the south) and Loire (18 km to the north) Rivers. The … Continue reading